帖子 175
威望 1269
ua金錢 1
理想購物積分 3
港幣(hkd) 0
註冊 2008-7-13
發表於 2008-8-10 02:58 
分享  私人訊息  頂部

你有否定期為貓咪作防疫注射及杜虫?                                                                                                                               
Is your cat regularly vaccinated and de-wormed?
以下是一般貓主對防疫注射及杜虫的誤解:-
以下是一般貓主對防疫注射及杜虫的誤解:
Below are some common mis-understanding regarding vaccination and de-worming.
1. 王太Mrs. Wong:
    這都是一些預防性工作,況且貓兒未必會染病, 所以付出的金錢可能是浪費的。倒不如留作醫療基金,待有病時才用。
    Theseare just preventive measures. The money paid would be a waste if my catdoesn't get sick. I would rather save up the money until I really needit.
    預防勝於治療, 長遠來看, 可以節省醫療費用, 並可以減少你照顧患病寵物所帶來的時間和壓力。但最重要的是減少貓兒患病及受苦的機會。
    Preventionis always the most effective way to fight against diseases. In the longrun, it not only save the medical expenses, but also reduce your time& pressure in taking care of a sick animal. The most important isthat it reduce the risk of your cat to suffer from illness.
2. AMY小姐
我的貓兒只留在家中,不會接觸其他貓兒或疾病來源,所以無需接受防疫注射及杜虫
Inever let my cat go out, it is not supposed to contact any source ofillness, so vaccination & de-worming is not necessary for it.
你的貓咪生活在這環境可算是相當安全,但有些危險是你看不見或你意想不到的。預防勝於治療,作為一個負責任的貓主,應該為你的貓咪做好預防工作。 有時候,食物或貓主本身都有可能帶來病菌或寄生虫。
Itis quite safe for your cat to live in such a confined condition. Butyou will never know when and how your cat may be infected. It may beyou or the food that carry the virus or egg. Thus vaccination &de-worming serve a very effective way to prevent illness. 
3. 六嬸Aunt Mary
    從貓兒糞便中找不到寄生虫的蹤跡,便代表貓兒健康,無需杜虫。
    Ican't find any signs of parasites in my cat's stools, it means that mycat is free from parasites thus de-worming is not necessary.
    內寄生虫的種類繁多,包括原虫類, 吸虫類,絛虫類和圓虫類,一般寄生在腸道內, 不一定在貓隻糞便中被發現。
    Themost common feline internal parasites are worms, and the most importantgroup of these parasites are those which infect the gastro-intestinaltract : roundworms, tapeworms & flukes. They are not easy to befound in the stools.
4. 陳先生Mr. Chan
    我的貓咪自出生到一歲時已在獸醫處完成整個防疫注射過程,應該是終身免疫吧!
    My cat had received full vaccination course in its first year of age. It should be lifetime protected.
    現時尚未有可終身免疫的疫苗,為安全起見, 應按獸醫指示定期為貓兒進行防疫注射。成貓應該每年接受防疫注射一次。
    Thereis no lifetime effective vaccine at the moment. Its better to followthe veterinarian's recommendation to vaccinate your cat regularly. Anadult cat should be vaccinated annually.
5. 林世伯Uncle Lam
跳蚤只會吸食貓兒的血及使貓兒有少許痕癢,這是大自然現象,並無大害。
Fleas will only cause mild itchiness on cat's skin. Its nature's rule, not a big deal!
跳蚤吸食貓兒的血時,可能會引至過敏性皮膚炎,嚴重的更會引至貧血。而且,跳蚤繁殖力驚人,一對跳蚤一個月內可繁殖出600隻跳蚤, 所以即使發現一隻跳蚤也不容忽視。而事實上,一些疾病是可以經由跳蚤傳播的。
Aseriously infected cat will be run-down and anaemic. Some mites canalso cause inflammation and hair loss. In fact, flea may carry tapewormlarvae and can spread certain viral diseases. Don't think small of aflea because it can breed out 600 fleas in 1 month.
理想的防疫注射時間表*
Ideal Vaccination Schedule*

第一針

1st Vaccination

第二針

2nd Vaccination

第三針

3rd Vaccination

加強針

Booster

三合一疫苗注射
3 in 1 Vaccination
(Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis/
Calicivirus/Panleukopenia)

6 - 8

星期/weeks

10 - 12

星期/weeks

星期/weeks

每年一次

Yearly

預防瘋犬症注射
Rabies

星期/weeks

每三年一次

Triannually

* 貓隻的年齡及疫苗的種類可能影響所需注射的次數,請遵照獸醫指示。
*The age of the cat and type of vaccine may influence the number ofvaccinations required. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations. 
理想的杜虫時間表
幼貓一般在4-8星期大便可以開始杜虫,每2-3星期一次直至三個月大,之後每3-6個月一次視乎生活環境及個別貓隻而.定。
* 由於各個牌子的杜虫藥有不同特性,請聽從獸醫指示或細閱使用說明書。
Ideal de-worming schedule
De-wormingcan usually be started on kitten when they are 4-8 weeks old, onceevery 2-3 weeks until they are 3 months old, then once every 3-6 monthsdepending on the living environment & individual cat.
**De-worming drugs from different manufacturers may carry differentcharacteristics, follow your veterinarian's recommendation or read theinstruction carefully.

本帖最近評分記錄
prince_cock_kb   2008-8-12 23:19  威望  +14   多謝閣下無私分享